Thursday 5 October 2017

Unreal Engine: Isometric game test

I think it's high time that I brush the dust off of this old blog and start uploading again.

So, I think I'll start with some of what I've been doing recently, with Unreal Engine.

I've always rather liked the real time with pause, top-down style of RPG, but some aspects of it bothered me, mainly due to game-play elements being holdovers from tabletop systems which didn't really suit computer games, or because aspects of the interface limited player options (a prime example of this is weapon switching. Why can't my character keep his shield, but switch between a sword and a knife? Because his sword and shield are considered to be part of the same "slot").

So, a few months ago, I decided to try making one MY way. I'll be uploading content about how I'm getting on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

put text in the boxy thing to post!