Saturday 17 November 2012

GAME DEMONSTRATION

Regrettably I failed to upload this at the stated time.

The process by which the "dealer" estimates the value of the players hand is at follows:

X = the value of a card (ace = 1, all face cards = 10)

A = total number of with value X not in the dealer's hand

B = initial values for A OR int(20/X) (whichever is smallest)

N = number of cards in my hand

C = total number of cards not in dealers hand = (size of remaining deck + N)

Z = probability that I have a card of value X = (N*B)/C

                                                               X = 10
T = (estimated total value of my hand) = Σ(ZX)
                                                               X = 1

I may amend this so that the "dealer" assumes that I have a high value if I have not drawn a card for several turns.

here is the video:


2 comments:

  1. In the game you show on the video, shouldn't the dealer have drawn another card? They wouldn't stop at one card. In a tie, ie. if you and the dealer have the same score, then the dealer wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to avoid that problem by ensuring that neither of the two people involved (me and the dealer) would be able to compare until after they had drawn their cards. Remember the dealer does not always draw a card. PS, did I remember to E-mail you that homework?

    ReplyDelete

put text in the boxy thing to post!